Home Student services


China Student visa (X Visa) is issued to those who have been admitted by a Chinese college. Student Visa is sub-divided into X1 and X2. X1 is issued to students who go to China for study for more than 6 months. X2 is issued to those who go to China with same purpose but for a period of less than 6 months. X1 visa is usually issued for multiple entry with validity up to 5 years. Holder of X1 visa must register at local public security bureau within 30 days of arrival, where the China Residence Permit will be issued to replace X1 visa. X2 visa is usually issued for one entry with validity up to 6 months. In order to apply for China X Visa, please prepare and send in your application according to the detail requirement explained below.

1 Actual passport, plus a photocopy of the name page

  • Please submit your actual passport. Visa will be issued in the      passport.

  • Passport should have at least 12 months validity left.      Otherwise, you must renew your passport first. If you need passport      services, please visit our expedited      passport services section.

  • Passport should have at least 2 blank visa pages. The last 3      pages in US passports are not visa pages. These are amendment pages,      reserved by the US Department of State for amendment to the passport. They      won't be acceptable for visas. If your passport has no blank visa pages      left, you may add additional visa pages. If you need passport services,      please visit our expedited passport services section. 

  • If you have a valid China visa in another passport, you will      need to submit that passport together with the new passport when applying      for a new visa.

  • Non-US passport holders must provide a photocopy of the US      Green Card (Exception: notarized copy is required, if you reside in CO,      IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, WI. Origin US Green Card is required, if you      reside in AZ, Southern CA, HI, NM, Pacific Islands) or a valid long term      US residence visa such as: L, H, F. Please note B1/B2 visa doesn't count.

  • Some non-US passport holders (holding passport from countries on the attached list ) are required to      apply in person.

2 One Visa Application Form V.2013 per person

  • Please fill out the application form on your computer, print a      hard copy and sign it.

  • Hand written form is not acceptable.

  • All fields are mandatory. If a section doesn't apply, please      type in "None" or "N/A'. Incomplete form will be rejected.

  • Please check for omission and error before you print the form.      Change or correction is not allowed on the printed form. You must print a      new form in case of any change or correction.

  • Please print out and submit only single-sided pages of the      application, not back to back.

  • Please do not use staple. Paper clip is fine.

3 One recent passport-type photograph

  • Full face, frontal with a plain white or off-white background,      33mm (wide) x 48mm (tall) in size.

  • Photo printed on regular paper or photo of poor quality is not      acceptable.

  • Photo needs to be taken within 6 months.

  • Please use paper clip to attach the photo face-down (avoid      scratching) to the form. Do not staple or glue the photo.

  • Please refer to the link for China visa photo specific      requirement.

4 One JW201 or JW202 issued by the State Education Ministry of China

  • Please send the original JW201 or JW202 and a good quality      photocopy. The JW201 or JW202 should have an official stamped on it. Click      here for a sample JW-202

5 One Admission Notice from the receiving school

  • Please send the original Admission Notice and a good quality      photocopy. The Admission Notice should have an official stamped on it.      Invitation Letter is not sufficient. Click here for sample Admission Notice

6 Submit the online Visa Service Request Form

  • This is the best way to tell us your application is coming as      well as your return address and contact information so that confirmation      and status updated can be sent to you via email.

  • Multiple applicants can be entered using one service request      form.

  • Please print two copies of the confirmation page.

  • Please include one copy with the documents you ship to us and      keep one copy for your records.

7 Payment for visa processing, service and shipping


Chose   A Service Level

Time needed

All   fees




Embassy   Fee

Service   Fee



Regular Service

1   day

6-15   days

1   day





Express Service

1   day

4-6   days

1   day





Express   Plus Service

1   day

2-3   days

1   day